"Respond BASKET-2021” comprises a set of most urgent and immediate research areas for the academia to select and prepare detailed proposals under RESPOND programme
1. RESPOND BASKET comprises of the most urgent and important research problems identified by ISRO/DOS Centre / Units on the basis of ISRO’s upcoming programmatic R&D requirements. Each research problem comprises of a brief write-up about the topic for the faculty of the academic Institutions/R&D laboratories other than the Space Technology Cells (STCs) and Regional Academic Centre for Space (RAC-S) to select and prepare the proposals.
2. An individual or group(s) of scientists / faculty members affiliated to any academic institution/autonomous R&D institutions are eligible for submitting the proposals. The Principal Investigator(s) should be a full-time employee(s) of the concerned institution.
3. Principal Investigator shall be a domain expert in the area to which the proposal belongs to and must be a full time employee/faculty of the institution forwarding the application. There may also be co-investigator(s) from the same/different institution(s) working on the project. But satisfactory completion of a project will be the responsibility of the Principal Investigator and the institution involved.
4. One hard copy and one soft copy of the proposal shall be submitted to the respective ISRO/DOS centre with a copy to Respond Office, ISRO HQs. The addresses and e-mail ids of Respond Coordinators of respective ISRO/DOS centre and Respond Office, ISRO HQs are given in Annexure -3.
5. The last date for submitting the proposals under “RESPOND Basket” is March 15, 2021.
6. The submitted proposal will be subjected to critical evaluation by the ISRO/DOS Centre experts. The proposal will be evaluated on the basis of novelty, methodology, approach, experience of the PI in the subject area, duration of the project, budget etc.
List of Research topics - RESPOND BASKET - 2021
Format for Proposal submission.